Latest news in San Francisco? Want to know about San Francisco events? So, there’s always something happening in the City! And, we want to help you stay informed about upcoming cultural, social, business and local news and other San Francisco events.
San Francisco News
So, bookmark this page and stay abreast of everything current in San Francisco with our newsfeed from SFist.
- Day Around the Bay: Government Shutdown Could Indeed Cancel Blue Angels’ Fleet Week Air Showby Joe Kukura on September 29, 2023 at 1:13 am
A man was found dead at the 16th Street BART Plaza, the first snow of the season is expected Saturday in the Sierras, and we now learn that a government shutdown could indeed cancel the Blue Angels air show component of Fleet Week.
- Mister Jiu's Alums to Open New 'Izakaya-Like' Chinese Restaurant, Four Kingsby Jay Barmann on September 29, 2023 at 1:08 am
A space at the edge of both Chinatown and the Financial District is going to become a permanent home for Four Kings, the nostalgic Cantonese and Hong Kongese pop-up from former Mister Jiu's chefs Franky Ho and Mike Long.
- SF Reportedly on the Verge of Getting the 2025 NBA All-Star Game at the Chase Centerby Joe Kukura on September 28, 2023 at 11:51 pm
It’s not official, but plenty of sportswriters with “sources” say that the NBA will soon announce that the 2025 All-Star Game will be played at the Chase Center, which means haha, Charles Barkley will be forced to come back here and get heckled again.
- SFPD Chase of Murder Suspect Ends With Van Crashing at Third and Folsom Streets, During Moscone Center Conferenceby Joe Kukura on September 28, 2023 at 10:50 pm
The California Highway Patrol started a pursuit of a reported Oakland homicide suspect in Redwood City Thursday, and the chase didn’t end until the suspect crashed his white van into the wall of the Moscone Center parking lot.
- San Francisco May Ban Security Guards From Drawing Guns Over Property Crimeby Jay Barmann on September 28, 2023 at 10:41 pm
Supervisor Dean Preston proposed a new ordinance earlier this year that would bar armed security guards from drawing their weapons in response to a property crime in progress — following the widespread outrage over the April killing of Banko Brown.